Baked Salmon with Pesto
I love fresh salmon. It is delicious, and it’s full of Omega-3 fatty acids. Unlike most other fats, omega-3 fats are considered “essential,” meaning you must get them from your diet since your body can’t create them. It is also a great source of protein, B-vitamins, selenium and potassium, to name just a few. I never seem to tire of salmon, especially when it’s paired with fresh made pesto, which can be prepared ahead of time and frozen. Just pull it out of the freezer when you’re making this salmon and voila, a delicious meal full of healthy fats in just minutes. This dish comes together so quickly, it’s perfect for a quick and easy mid week meal, or to share with your friends for a weekend dinner party. Give it a try, it’s sure to impress!
Servings: 4 serving
- 4 4-6 oz Salmon filet Any salmon is fine, but wild salmon is the best choice, if available.
- 8 TBSP Pesto Scroll down for recipe
- 12-16 Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Place salmon on covered cookie sheet and spread with a thin layer of pesto
- Top with tomato halves
- Bake in oven for 20 min and enjoy!
For the pesto
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 TBSP grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put pine nuts and garlic in food processor or blender and process until minced. Add basil and cheeses. Process until finely minced. With processor or blender on, slowly pour oil through the food chute. Process until well blended. Spoon onto small container and store in refrigerator, or spoon into ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, place in airtight container for easy additions to any poultry or fish dish.Yield 1/2 cup