Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Red bell peppers are great sources of three cancer fighting carotenoids: lutein, beta-cryptoxanthin and zeaxanthin. Apart for being excellent for skin, these carotenoids help in reducing inflammation. Bell pepper juice is also known for its healing qualities.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Cucumber, peeled & diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 stalks celery, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup black or kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare and mix all ingredients together in large bowl and serve.
Whenever possible, choose vegetables that are grown locally. They are picked closer to harvest and will deliver more nutrition.